Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Too busy receiving to give

I am so very blessed each and every morning by the inspiring blogs I read. So blessed, in fact, that I have nothing left to give back to you. As I sit down to my computer in the quiet hours of the morning while the children are still thankfully sleeping, I am touched by the inspiring thoughts and life-changing events that are happening in the lives of my blog buddies.

This morning, for instance, I started off by praying for Nicole whose name was lifted up for prayer by Darren LeBlanc. I then moved on to Octamom's blog where I laughed out loud over her toddler Ty Pennington "wanna-be". After that, I wept tears of joy while reading about the very special baby Courtney got to hold yesterday and the miracle that just recently happened in his life. I then cried more tears of joy while reading the birth story of yet another sweet baby at Angie's blog Bring The Rain. I followed the link in her blog to her very first post and wept tears of pain and grief as I read once again the heart wrenching story that begins her blog. I dropped in on Ashley to see if her baby had arrived yet. She's still patiently waiting while caring for sick children. I then read a very convicting post by Gretchen about teaching our children about the love of our Savior by loving them with the same mercy and compassion He shows us.

After I finished dropping in on my favorite bloggers, I looked at the time and jumped up with a start. I once again had spent about 40 minutes "blogging" and had not typed a single thing (except for maybe a few comments). It was way past time to start getting myself presentable and waking up my sweet sleeping children. Oh well! Maybe another day...only if all of my blog buddies suddenly turn boring and un-inspiring.

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

**I had a great post forming in my mind yesterday after studying a passage in Jeremiah. I never did get time to put it into words for you. Maybe that will also happen another day. I did manage to sneak in a few moments to share this little tidbit with you as everyone was busy doing their own thing...a rare occurance in the middle of the day here at Homeskoolmommy's house.**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, your post made me smile. :) Sometimes I'm not so patiently waiting!

I'm so happy to hear your little girl is growing well. Have fun thinking of names! Well, I know it's not fun for some but we really enjoy it. :)

I can't imagine having biggers old enough to give input on names. Actually, it's hard to imagine my oldest being able to fully pronouce names, hehehe! Do you include your older girls or not? Just curious. Of course, we are so secretive about our names that probably one of our children would give them away ...

Sorry for the super-long comment. My mind just ran away with me! :)

Blessings,
Ashley

carrhop said...

This is just a precious post--thank you. You too are such a blessing to me!

Blessings!