Friday, October 17, 2008

Here's my Friday Flashback



This picture is of Maia (now almost 8) climbing into Daddy's suitcase as I was unpacking and repacking it for yet another business trip. During this stage of our lives, Tom was working for IBM and travelling whole weeks or more at a time to install new machines all over the east coast. He would come home for a few days, and then head right out again. It was such a hard time for us as a family with him having to be gone so much. I took this picture for him with a caption "Take me with you, Daddy". We are so thankful for the job he now has that keeps him close to home.

**IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR MY IRL FRIENDS: If you are here because I sent you an e-mail saying to check out the cute picture on my blog, this isn't it. Scroll down to Wednesday's post!**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is ADORABLE. Glad he is not traveling so much anymore.

carrhop said...

So sweet! M has had a lot of business travel through the years and the kids would love to go along! Darling!

Blessings!

Kathy Cassel said...

Hi. I just ran into your post. I have, um, not sure how to count them but when all is said and done, eight children. Two still in Haiti. I don't homeschool but I think it's cool that some people are called to. I write book for Christian girls 6-12 and that's how I spend my day. Plus too much time on blogs: )

Congrats on your future blessing. I saw that you lost one and that is always hard and I don't think you ever, ever forget. I lost my first one really early. "He" would be 19 now. Sometimes months will go by without thinking about it but then I'll think, he'd be graduating this month or this would have been his 18th bd or whatever.

Your flashback is scary, that someone could miss something like that. I'm glad someone else had it checked out for you.

Blessings on your day today.

Kathy

Kathy Cassel said...

Oops. That would be last week's flasback not this one but you probably figured that out.

Thanks for stopping by.