I haven't posted in awhile. I've been too busy enjoying our special blessing this week! Our very dear friends are on a mission trip for the week and asked us to care for their dogs and home while they were away. I remember the hesitant way Erin asked in her e-mail, afraid that we might be inconvenienced! Little did she know what a blessing it has been to "vacation" at their home where the kids can swim in the pool and Tom can fish or kayak. We've enjoyed lunch and dinner almost every day out on the deck overlooking a beautifully landscaped yard and the water. Morning quiet times have been heavenly, surrounded by God's beautiful creation. I've even had some quiet moments all to myself in the hammock (and plan a few more before the week is over)! I went in to work both Monday and Wednesday as normal, and Tom is working a full week, but Tom's nearly hour-long commute has been cut in half for the week, and my normal 30 minute drive to church has been cut to only 8! Giving us much more time in the evening to enjoy.
On Saturday we will return home, to our cute little house in town, where the scenery is basically the neighbors' houses just a few feet away and the town playground...but it's home and it's where our hearts hang :0) Real life is calling to us, "remember me?" as we will probably have to machete our way through the jungle that has most likely taken over our yard since we've been away. And there are bills to pay and errands to run. But for now, I think I'll pour myself a glass of iced tea and slip outside to enjoy a bit more of this peaceful little retreat while the kids are STILL (at 8:30!!!) asleep!!! Shhhh...
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a fantastic way to be a blessing and to be blessed! So glad you are enjoying your time 'away'!
Glad you liked the 'recipe' 8 of 8 came up with...;o)
Blessings!
How great is that--to do date night kayaking! Very cool!
Blessings!
Post a Comment